Mariani Landscape, a leader in the residential Landscape Design, Build, and Maintenance industry for over 50 years, is currently looking for a Purchasing Coordinator. Based in our Lake Bluff, Illinois facility, be part of one of the best sales and service teams in the industry. If you believe in building long-term relationships, and have a desire to provide the best service to valued clientele, we would like to hear from you.
This associate will be responsible for support for the Purchasing department, with primary support to the Materials Manager, including maintenance of inventory of garden containers and accessories, assisting with plant labels and special projects as they relate to the purchasing department. This position interacts with a diverse group of important internal sales associates and design staff, in addition to external vendors.
- At least 2 years professional experience required, preferably in a purchasing environment.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of landscape terminology and related hardgoods.
• Demonstrate strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of landscape terminology as demonstrated by work experience.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
• Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
• Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet the future needs of internal and external clients.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with Mariani associates and vendors on a consistent basis.
• Demonstrate a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to deliver quality results under tight deadlines.
• Ability to successfully and accurately work within the company production software, Asset.
• Demonstrate accountability for work being performed and completed on schedule.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
This full-time position offers competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and a spectacular corporate culture that promotes growth, learning, teamwork, and employee satisfaction!